- 1 head green cabbage
- 3 Tbsp. butter (feel free to add more!)
- 1-2 carrots, cut into rounds (optional)
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- 1-2 tbs balsamic vinager (optional, for enhancing sweetness of cabbage)
- Salt to taste
- Cut cabbage in half, cut out and discard core, and slice cabbage into large wedges.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cabbage, sprinkle with salt and chili flakes, and add vinegar and 3 Tbsp. water, or enough to cover bottom of pan. Stir to combine, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until cabbage is very tender and liquid is absorbed. If all liquid is absorbed before cabbage is tender, add more water.
- Season to taste with salt and serve hot or warm.