From Thomas Keller’s ‘Bouchon’ cookbook
- 2 lbs cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp thyme
1.Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Spread on an oiled baking sheet.
2. Slow roast at 250F for 5 to 6 hours, or until tomatoes are dried about halfway through; they will have shrunk but should still be moist. Let cool on the baking sheet.
3. Layer the tomatoes in a mason jar and pour the oil remaining on the baking sheet over the top.
4. Keep in refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for a winter delight!