Our Weekly CSA Baskets are full of veggies and our season runs for 22 weeks, from mid‑June until mid‑November. And there’s not only vegetables! We also offer organic egg shares, kale shares and cut flowers shares.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a growing movement in Quebec and across the world. It is an innovative model in which customers become partners in the farm, overcoming the conventional separation between producer and consumer. At the beginning of the season, consumers invest in a share of the vegetable harvest to be delivered for a set number of weeks. Here at the Ferme cooperative aux champs qui chantent we prioritize direct contact between the farmers and the consumers, striving to create meaningful relationships, and keeping our farm small, yet highly diversified. We will therefore always have a farmer present at our drop-off points to hear from you directly, and we will send out weekly newsletters to help demystify some of the lesser known offerings.
New for 2020! Cut flower shares! 2 delivery days on the farm! Building a new on farm store and pick-up location. Les Jardins de Equinox are now an independant farm!
Information about the basket drop offs
during the COVID-19 pandemic
- In order to protect both the farmers and clients from COVID-19 we have decided to pre-assemble most of the baskets.
- Please wear a mask and if possible, send only one person to pick up your basket.
- Please be prepared to wait in a physically distanced line for potentially longer than usual as we implement our new system.
- We will ensure that there will still be some choice of vegetables and/or a way to exchange vegetables you don’t want in the exchange bin.
- It will be possible to purchase additional farm products from the online catalog prior drop-offs (veggies, fruit, eggs, flowers bouquets, veggies for canning, stewing hens, etc.).
- You can, at any point, send someone to pick up your basket for you without letting us know in advance. If no one comes to pick up your basket and we haven’t been warned of your absence, we will donate your basket to a community organization.
- At any time during the season, you’ll be able to change delivery weeks of your baskets yourself by using the delivery calendar. If you’re going on vacation during the summer, we recommend you move those baskets as early as possible. There is a limited amount of baskets we can deliver each week. As people move their baskets around during the season, some dates might become unavailable.
- Every week, you’ll receive a newsletter including the list of veggies you’ll receive in your next basket, a recipe idea, and news from the farm. Please take note that the list of veggies may change without notice.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maison de l’amitié (Plateau Mont-Royal)
120, Rue Duluth East (corner de Bullion)
Thursdays 4:30pm – 7:30pm
22 weeks of delivery
École St-Julien, Lachute
190 Rue Mary, Lachute
Mondays 3:00pm – 5:00pm
22 weeks of delivery
Champs qui chantent – Brownsburg-Chatham
398, route du Canton (on the farm)
Mondays or Thursday, after 4pm or anytime during the following week!
22 weeks of delivery
We are building a new farm store at the front of the barn to facilitate ease of pick-up on the farm and to expand our offer. We are no longer doing a mini-market at this drop off. We will take requests for choices and premake boxes and leave them for pick-up.
Solidarity baskets are available at up to 50% of the regular cost! And flexible payment is fine by us! Let us know what is easier for you. If you’d like to be considered for a subsidized basket, please contact us directly at email@example.com before filling a registration form or, register and mention your request in the comments section. If you wish to make a donation, please select the option “1 solidarity basket”, “2 solidarity baskets” or “3 solidarity baskets” while filling your form. More information about our solidarity program here!
An egg share will keep you in a steady supply of organic eggs from our free-range chickens, fed with local organic grains. Eggs are priced at $7.50/dozen and can be ordered for weekly or biweekly pick-up.
Similar to egg shares, you can add a bunch of kale to you baskets either each week or every other week. Kale shares will only be available 14 out of the 22 weeks that make up the summer basket season. You can sign up for both egg shares and kale shares on the registration page.
Fresh cut flower bouquets
DETAILS FOR PAYMENT
Payment is made in advance, preferably in full at the time of registration. However, if this is not financially feasible for you we are open to many different payment schedules to keep our products accessible. Please feel free to pay, via postdated cheques, according to the schedule mentioned below or contact us to make other arrangements. Please send all cheques upon registration, made out to ‘Ferme coopérative aux champs qui chantent’. Alternatively we can facilitate electronic transfer of funds from a Desjardins AccèsD account. Contact us and we’ll send you the information needed to make those transfer.
|Recommended payment schedule:|
|1st installment||March 1st||33% of total|
|2nd installment||June 15th||33% of total|
|3rd installment||August 15th||34% of total|
Thank you for your support!
We are thrilled to be able to provide you and your family with good food throughout the year.