We love vegetables, and hope you do too! We grow over 150 varieties of common favorites, with a few less common veggies thrown in for good measure.
Our vegetables are certified organic by Ecocert Canada. Ecocert is an international certifying body that visits our farm at least once a year to ensure that the Canadian law on organics is being followed.
Here’s a little of what you’ll find throughout the season in our gardens:
|Basil||Chinese Cabbage||Kale||Patty pans||Spinash|
|Beans||Cilantro||Kohlrabi||Peas- snow and snap||Squash|
|Carrots||Fennel||Onions, fresh & storage||Radish, spring and winter||Turnips, spring and storage|
All of the vegetables listed above are grown in our field, except a few lucky which ones get to be in our unheated greenhouse. These crops (tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, eggplants) prefer a hotter climate and dry leaves. We also grow cold-hardy greens in the unheated greenhouse in Fall to keep providing fresh produce in our Fall Baskets.
You can find our fresh vegetables:
- By signing up for our veggie baskets (click here for more details);
- At the public market of Lachute on Saturdays in July and August
- At certain local special events; please take a look at our Events Calendar and visit our facebook page!
- By contacting us for special orders.
For vegetable production in Canada, organic means:
- no chemical fertilizers are used;
- no herbicides are used;
- only a few accepted natural pesticides may be used;
- buffer zones provide protection from conventional production;
- organically-produced seeds are used;
- soil is improved through reduced tillage, compost, cover crops, etc.
For us, organic production means tastier food that is free from chemical contaminants and higher in minerals, as well as a healthier ecosystem to live in.